The Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio is a community-based organization.
It has chapters in all the 31 Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom State, major cities in NIGERIA, UK & USA .
MMI has the following organizational structure:
- The General Assembly
- The Board of Trustees
- The Advisory Council
- The Central Working Committee (CWC)
- The Executive Council
- The Chapters.
Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio – membership of the Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio is voluntary and open to indigenes of Ibibio. However, Honorary Membership status is usually granted to non-Ibibios of proven integrity, who are adjudged patriotic and detribalized enough to be so admitted. To become a full member of the organisation, an applicant is expected to obtain Application/Membership Registration Form from the National Secretariat via an identified Chapter of his or her choice. Upon receipt of an Application form with the prescribed non-refundable fee, the intending member is granted observer status and placed on probation for a minimum period of not less than three calendar months concurrently. During the probationary period, investigations are carried out on the applicant at place of work, residence.& community After satisfactory attestation by the Membership Committee, a provisional membership is approved for the application subject to formal induction by the National Exco of MMI.
- Significant investment in education
- Building of 9 classroom block
- (USA Building)Mboho Unity School
- Donates regularly to charities
- Established scholarships, bursaries and gives financial support to deserving and needy students
- carrying out academic projects.
- Instituted ‘Obong Nyong Essien Scholarship Scheme’. Beneficiaries get the award irrespective of their
- places of origin or ethnic background in Akwa Ibom State.
- Supports and collaborates with Ibibio Language Writers Association (ILWA) in the publication of
- works in Ibibio language
- Conducts an Annual essay competition in Ibibio language for secondary school students in Akwa
- Ibom State.
- Incorporated Mboho Investments Ltd, with 95% shareholding in its quest for financial independence.
- Mboho has established a farm that produces food crops for the people.
- Established and operates Micro Credit Scheme to cater for the welfare of members. The scheme kick-
- off with a 2.5 Million naira donation from the past president prince Godwin Ntuk Udeh.
- It promotes excellence by organizing an annual Lecture/Award ceremony called, ‘The Obong Sampson Udo Etuk Lecture/Excellence Award’, named after the late first President of the Ibibio Union.
- Many Ibibio achievers and non-Ibibio achievers have been honoured.